If you are looking for great movements to exercise your lower body, look no further, as these 8 at home workouts with air squats will boost your confidence as a stepping stone to start weighted squats.
Air squats are a great beginner’s guidance to learn the proper form of the movement. It will also lower your chances to injury yourself when, and if, you start performing variants of the squat, such as weighted squat or the jumping squat.
Look at some reason why you should incorporate air squats to your daily training:
- It requires balance, therefore it works your core muscles and stabilize your spine
- Air squats target your thigs, hamstrings, quadriceps and glutes, making it an incredibly useful lower body movement
- The exercise will get you sweaty, which increases your stamina and overall endurance while performing a cardio workout
Sounds good? BOXROX makes it even better, by bringing you this lists as these are at home workouts. No excuses, no time to waste. Let’s dive in.
1. “Basic Bitch Booty Blaster”
AMRAP in 15 minutes
- 20 Frog Pumps
- 20 Single-Leg Glute Bridges (10 each leg)
- 20 Air Squats
- 20 Lunges (10 each leg)
Complete as many rounds as possible in 15 minutes. Must complete all reps of one exercise before moving to the next.
Score is the total number of rounds completed and reps on the unfinished round.
Keep your abs tensed through the Frog Pumps to prevent overextension of your lower back.
As the name suggests, this workout will focus on working on the glutes, making it a bulletproof at home workout. The variety of movements in this workout will target your glutes from different angles. It will work the gluteus maximus, minimus, and medius to pop up that butt.
Workout by Brendan Walcoff.