The Age Group Semifinals equipment list has been released. The online event, split into two weekends, is the last stage of competition for Master (35+) and Teen (14-17) athletes before the CrossFit Games.
The first Age Group Semifinal will run from May 26 to 29 and includes athletes in the following age groups:
The second Age Group Semifinal will run from June 2 to 5 and will see athletes in the following age groups competing for a spot at the CrossFit Games:
The Adaptive Semifinal (more details to come) will run that same weekend. All workouts will be released on May 20.
What are Age Group Semifinals?
Semifinals serve as the final qualification stage for athletes whishing to compete in the 2022 CrossFit Games.
The top athletes in each age division following the Age group Quarterfinals, regardless of region, will receive an invitation to compete in Semifinals. For age group athletes, the Semifinals will be held online.
Age group athletes will complete a series of events over the course of their respective competition weekend, Thursday through Sunday. All athletes in each age division will be required to submit videos of each workout for review.
Age Group Semifinals equipment list
- 1 Dumbbell 50/35 lbs (ages 16-17 and 35-54)
- 1 Dumbbell 70750 lb (ages 35-54)
- 1 Dumbbell 35/20 lbs (ages 14-15 and 55+)
- 1 Dumbbell 50/35/20 lb (Masters 55+)
- 1 Barbell 45/35 lbs
- Standard bumper plates and collars
- 24/20 inch plyo box with at least 15×15 inch top surface
- Pull-up bar that allows for all common hanging movements and kipping
- 1 Jump rope
- Open wall space
- 30 feet (9.14 meters) of flat space suitable for movements covering distance
- 15 ft (4.57 m) climbing rope
- C2 rower
- Gymnastics rings
- Squat rack
Additionally, Age Group athletes will need:
- Flat bench
- 2 Kettlebells 32/24 kg (ages 16-17 and 35-54)
- 2 Kettlebells 24/16 kg (ages 14-15 and 55+)
Who qualifies for Age Group Semifinals?
The top 30 men and 30 women in each age division following Quarterfinals have qualified for Age Group Semifinals.
From there, the top 10 athletes in each division will be invited to compete at the CrossFit Games.