CrossFit Regionals Event 6 is here.
CROSSFIT REGIONALS EVENT 6
SCHEDULE FOR THE 2018 CROSSFIT REGIONALS
THREE WEEKENDS: MAY 18-JUNE 3
There have been some big changes made to the CrossFit Games Regional format in 2018. Get all the details here.
Week 1: May 18-20, 2018
East Regional: Albany, New York, Times Union Center
Europe Regional: Berlin, Germany, Velodrom
South Regional: Salt Lake City, Utah, Salt Palace Convention Center
Week 2: May 25-27, 2018
Central Regional: Nashville, Tennessee, Music City Center
West Regional: Del Mar, California, Del Mar Arena
Latin America Regional: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Arena Carioca 1
Week 3: June 1-3, 2018
Atlantic Regional: West Palm Beach, Florida, Palm Beach County Convention Center
Meridian Regional: Madrid, Spain, Caja Mágica
Pacific Regional: Sydney, Australia, Qudos Bank Arena
For more information about the CrossFit Regionals, the following text is from games.crossfit.com.
The fittest men, women and teams from each region of the world advance to the second stage of the CrossFit Games season: the Regionals.
CrossFit splits the world into 18 regions. There are eight regions in the United States (North East, Mid Atlantic, South East, Central East, North Central, South Central, West Coast and South West) and 10 international regions (Canada East, Canada West, South America, Central America, Asia, Australasia, Middle East Africa, Europe North, Europe South and Europe Central). Athletes are placed in their region during Open registration based on their residence as of Jan. 1 of that year.
To qualify, the Regional competitors have to prove they are their region’s fittest athletes by competing in the five-week, five-workout online Open and finishing well in the overall standings. The number of athletes who qualify from each region varies and the 18 regions feed into nine Regional competitions, as broken down below.
– North East (25 individuals, 20 teams to qualify from Open)
– Canada East (15 individuals, 10 teams to qualify from Open)
– Mid Atlantic (20 individuals, 15 teams to qualify from Open)
– South East (20 individuals, 15 teams to qualify from Open)
– Central East (20 individuals, 15 teams to qualify from Open)
– North Central (20 individuals, 15 teams to qualify from Open)
– South West (20 individuals, 15 teams to qualify from Open)
– South Central (20 individuals, 15 teams to qualify from Open)
– West Coast (35 individuals, 25 teams to qualify from Open)
– Canada West (5 individuals, 5 teams to qualify from Open)
Latin America Regional
– Central America (15 individuals, 10 teams to qualify from Open)
– South America (25 individuals, 20 teams to qualify from Open)
– Europe North (20 individuals, 15 teams to qualify from Open)
– Europe Central (20 individuals, 15 teams to qualify from Open)
– Europe South (20 individuals, 15 teams to qualify from Open)
– Middle East Africa (20 individuals, 15 teams to qualify from Open)
– Asia (10 individuals, 7 teams to qualify from Open)
– Australasia (30 individuals, 23 teams to qualify from Open)
Forty men, 40 women and 40 teams will advance to the 2018 Reebok CrossFit Games. Those spots are divvied up among the nine Regionals as follows:
The top five men, women and teams will advance from the East, Atlantic, Central, South, West, Europe and Pacific Regionals.
The top four men, women and teams will advance from the Meridian Regional.
The top male, female and team will advance from the Latin America Regional.
All Regional competitors face the same workouts, whether they’re in Del Mar, California, or Madrid, Spain.
Competitors care about how they place relative to their peers at their Regional, since that’s what determines how many points they earn and where they’ll rank in the overall standings. Claiming first in an event earns an athlete 100 points, second earns 95 points, third 90, fourth 85, fifth 80 and sixth 75. The scale then drops by 2-point increments for seventh through 30th, and then by 1-point increments from 30th through 50th. The athlete with the most points will claim first in the overall standings; the top five athletes overall at the end of the weekend earn the right to advance to the CrossFit Games.
All Games qualifiers will receive a piece of the season’s prize purse. All cash prizes are paid in U.S. dollars.
Individual Division (men and women receive equal prize money)
First Place: $300,000
Second Place: $100,000
Third Place: $75,000
Fourth Place: $50,000
Fifth Through Eighth Place: $35,000, $30,000, $27,000 and $25,000, respectively
Ninth Through 20th Place: $23,000, $21,000, $18,000, $16,000, $14,000, $13,000, $12,000, $11,000, $10,000, $9,000, $8,000 and $7,000, respectively
Team Division (prize per team)
First Place: $100,000
Second Place: $60,000
Third Place: $30,000
Fourth Place: $20,000
Fifth Place: $15,000
Drug testing is required for any individual athlete or team to advance to the Games or to collect prizes.