Check out the perfect chest workout to force massive muscle growth like Arnold Schwarzenegger.
This workout was first exemplified by John Meadows. John Meadows, “The Mountain Dog”, was a professional bodybuilder, trainer and nutritionist who died in 2021. He is famous for sharing gym tips, and workouts and showing how he trained to achieve his goals.
Meadows wants to teach people how to build a massive barrel chest, so this workout is focused much more on exercises that target your upper chest. “One of the things you notice too in that big barrel slide chest, is not only does that upper chest is real thick, the outer part looks like it’s hanging cause it is so thick.”
So check out below how to build amazing pecs with the perfect chest workout from Meadows.
Perfect Chest Workout to Force Massive Muscle Growth
For that perfect chest workout to have a barrel chest like Arnold Schwarzenegger, here are the exercises.
- Incline dumbbell bench press
- Barbell incline / Smith machine incline press
- Weighted Dips Gironda Style
- Reserve shrug
In the video below, Meadows explain how to perform each exercise properly to have the maximum tension on the chest.
One tip is to not lock out your arms when you are doing the incline presses or the dips.
In each set, Meadows and his friends performed reps to failure, which is one sure way to force muscle growth.
Training your chest can have a number of benefits for your overall fitness and physical health. Here are some reasons why you might want to train your chest:
- Strengthening your chest muscles: Chest exercises like bench press, push-ups, and dumbbell flyes can help you build stronger chest muscles. This can improve your overall upper body strength and make it easier to perform daily activities that require pushing or pulling.
- Aesthetics: A well-developed chest can enhance the appearance of your upper body, giving you a more balanced and proportional physique.
- Improved posture: A strong chest can also help improve your posture by pulling your shoulders back and helping you maintain a more upright position.
- Increased metabolism: Chest exercises can also help boost your metabolism, which can help you burn more calories throughout the day.
- Improved athletic performance: A strong chest can improve your performance in a variety of sports and activities that require upper body strength, such as basketball, football, and rock climbing.
Overall, training your chest can have numerous benefits for your physical health, appearance, and athletic performance. It’s important to incorporate a variety of exercises into your chest workout routine to ensure that you’re targeting all the muscles in your chest, as well as other muscles in your upper body.
The frequency at which you should train your chest depends on several factors such as your fitness goals, overall fitness level, and your training program.
In general, it is recommended that you train your chest muscles at least once per week to see improvements in strength and muscle growth. However, some individuals may benefit from training their chest more frequently, such as 2-3 times per week, especially if they are more experienced lifters and are looking to target specific areas of the chest.
It’s important to note that you shouldn’t train your chest muscles on consecutive days as this can lead to overtraining and increase the risk of injury. Additionally, it’s important to allow your muscles to rest and recover between workouts, so that they have time to repair and grow. FOTO
Overall, the frequency at which you should train your chest will depend on your individual goals and fitness level, so it’s best to consult with a certified fitness professional who can help you design a personalized workout plan that meets your needs.