Check out the number 1 top exercise to lose belly fat quickly – and one you can do it every day to see results in a short period of time.
The question of “how to reduce belly fat” is a common one that many people ask. This is quite understandable, as gaining belly fat is straightforward, while losing it is notoriously challenging. Despite attempting various exercise regimens and maintaining a healthy diet, shedding belly fat can often appear unattainable.
Regrettably, aside from surgical options, there is currently no scientifically proven method for targeted reduction of fat specifically from the belly region. Nonetheless, there exists an exercise that remains underutilized yet remarkably potent in effectively combatting even the most stubborn belly fat.
And who talked extensively about the number 1 top exercise to lose belly fat quickly? Jeremy Ethier. He is a kinesiologist and fitness trainer, co-founder of Built With Science. His YouTube channel has over 5.5 million subscribers and he delivers clear information with sound background research.
Losing belly fat can be difficult for several reasons:
- Genetics: Genetics can play a role in where your body stores fat. Some people are more prone to storing fat in their bellies, which can make it more difficult to lose.
- Hormones: Hormones, such as cortisol and insulin, can affect how your body stores fat, especially in the belly area. High levels of cortisol, which is a stress hormone, can lead to increased belly fat.
- Age: As you age, your metabolism slows down, making it more difficult to lose weight and belly fat.
- Poor Diet: A diet high in processed foods, sugar, and saturated fats can contribute to increased belly fat. Eating a healthy diet is important for losing belly fat.
- Lack of Exercise: Exercise is crucial for burning calories and reducing belly fat. A sedentary lifestyle can make it more difficult to lose belly fat.
- Sleep: Lack of sleep can affect hormones that regulate appetite and metabolism, making it harder to lose belly fat.
However, as Ethier explains below, there is one exercise can that greatly help you shed excess body fat and help you lose belly fat quickly.
The Number 1 Top Exercise to Lose Belly Fat Quickly
The difficulty in losing belly fat primarily stems from the fact that fat reduction varies in different parts of the body, primarily influenced by genetic factors. While genetic predispositions may pose a challenge for those aspiring to attain a slim or toned abdomen, a viable solution is attainable.
Creating a calorie deficit remains the fundamental mechanism for fat loss. Over time, sustained adherence to this principle results in the reduction of excess fat from all areas of the body, even if genetic factors predispose excess fat to accumulate in the belly region.
While dietary modifications constitute the primary means of establishing a calorie deficit, integrating supplementary exercises can help sustain an elevated metabolism during the weight loss process. However, not all exercises yield equivalent outcomes. Activities like running, rowing, cycling, and high-intensity interval training (HIIT) are renowned for rapidly expending calories.
Nevertheless, the majority of individuals struggle to maintain consistent engagement with traditional cardio workouts for a sufficient duration to target stubborn fat areas. It is not that these approaches are ineffective—on the contrary, they can yield results with dedication. The crux of the issue lies in their demanding nature and the considerable willpower they demand.
This is not to undermine the importance of high-intensity cardio exercises, which certainly have their place, and some individuals can adhere to them with ease. Personally, I engage in such rigorous sessions periodically for conditioning purposes. Nonetheless, they no longer constitute my primary fat loss strategy, nor should they be for most individuals aiming to combat stubborn belly fat and sustain its reduction. To truly address persistent belly fat and uphold its elimination, a sustainable, lifelong approach is requisite. So, what is the answer? The optimal exercise for reducing belly fat is walking.
It stands as the most manageable, least taxing, and adaptable form of cardio exercise.
Research indicates that intensive forms of cardio, such as HIIT or running, while time-efficient, do not exhibit superior fat loss effects when contrasted with longer yet less demanding cardio forms, like walking. This finding is logical; the body’s concern is not the intensity of the calories burned but the consistency of the effort sustained over time. Upon closer analysis, the caloric expenditure from walking accumulates significantly, rendering it impactful.
Now that the merits of walking have hopefully been established, let us delve into the specifics of employing walking to target belly fat reduction. The initial step involves assessing your current average step count. Utilize the health app on your iPhone or Google Fit if you possess an Android device. After a week, compute your daily average step count. Some individuals may discover that their step count falls short, a revelation that presents a favourable opportunity for improvement.
Set an achievable goal, initially aiming to add an extra 2,000 steps to your daily routine. Given that an average person takes around 1,200 steps during a 10-minute walk, integrating two 10-minute walks into your day fulfils this objective. Upon establishing consistency with this regimen, progress to an additional 2,000 steps incrementally, pursuing a goal of consistently reaching at least 8,000 steps, or potentially up to 15,000 steps—the range that appears most effective for fat loss and overall well-being.
Small efforts accumulate, yielding noteworthy results. By implementing these strategies, you will likely observe a substantial rise in your step count and a remarkable contribution to your fat loss journey over time.
Nonetheless, it is imperative to emphasize that walking or any form of cardio only proves effective for fat loss when complemented by dietary adjustments. Leverage your diet as the primary means to create a calorie deficit, enhancing the process through the inclusion of walking.
Watch the video below for more information about the number 1 top exercise to lose belly fat quickly.
6 Effective Ways to Use Walking to Get Lean and Shed Fat
So how can you use walking to get lean and shed fat? Here are the ideas that Mario Tomic implemented in his life to get below 10% body fat.
- Walk during meetings and calls – if you are on the phone talking to someone, walk while you do it.
- Walking and learning – watching a video on YouTube to further your knowledge, you can do it while walking. The same can be said about listening to an audiobook or a podcast.
- Walk between sets – instead of just staying next to your barbell while waiting for that 60-90 seconds of rest between sets, how about walking around to keep active?
- Make walking a social activity – if you are hanging out with friends, go out for a walk.
- Walk as part of your morning or evening routine – you can incorporate walking as a morning habit or a pre-bed routine (it doesn’t have to be long walks either, but be consistent).
- Look for more walking opportunities – park further from the grocery store, take the stairs instead of the elevator, and be more active with little things as they add up in the end.