The Granite Games are underway in Minnesota. They’re one of the final three Sanctionals of this season before the CrossFit Games.
Athletes aiming to make it to Madison this summer have a final chance to qualify through this event.
We’ve rounded up a couple of pro names to watch out for this weekend.
- Carrie Beamer – Carrie earned a spot to the Games after her performance at the Open, where she finished 29th worldwide, 14th in the US.
- Alison Scudds – Alison finished 5th at the Brazil CrossFit Championship two weeks ago. She finished 28th in the US and 61st worldwide at the Open.
- Kendall Vincelette – Kendall finished the Open ranked 23rd in the US and 49th worldwide.
- Taylor Williamson and Andrea Nisler – both come in fresh from earning team CrossFit OC3 a spot to the Games at the Rogue Invitational two weeks ago. The team finished 3rd at the 2018 CrossFit Games.
- Ben Smith – the CrossFit legend is looking to make it to his 11th consecutive CrossFit Games. Recovering from a knee surgery earlier in the year, he’ll try again at the Granite Games.
- Saxon Panchik – Saxon finished second at the Brazil CrossFit Championship two weeks ago, missing out on a Games spot by just six points. He finished 32nd at the Open.
- Spencer Panchik – Saxon’s twin brother also podiumed in Brazil, finishing third. His Open performance placed him 40th in the world and 21st in the US.
- Travis Mayer – Travis earned his invite to the Games after the Open, where he finished 14th worldwide.
- Brent Fikowski – fourth-place finisher at the 2018 Games and winner of the China CrossFit Championship, Brent has already qualified to this year’s Games through his Sanctional win.
Watch the leaderboard move around throughout the weekend here.
The Granite Games will stream live from 9am (GMT-5) here.