There are numerous benefits of the side plank.
It is an amazing core strengthening exercise that will help you build a strong midline and improve your posture.
- 1. Benefits of the Side Plank – It is an Awesome Core Strengthening Exercise
- 2. Benefits of the Side Plank – It Helps Improve Balance and Stability
- 3. Benefits of the Side Plank – Improve Muscle Strength, Endurance and Stability in the Abdominals and Glutes
- 4. Benefits of the Side Plank – It is an Amazing Posture Corrector which helps Improve Forward-tilted Shoulder Posture
- 5. Benefits of the Side Plank – It Helps to Create a Strong Midline
- 6. Benefits of the Side Plank – It Can Strengthen, Stretch, and Lengthen a Variety of Muscles in the Body
- Learn More
It’s also great for helping to develop full-body strength and stability.
1. Benefits of the Side Plank – It is an Awesome Core Strengthening Exercise
The side plank is an awesome core strengthening exercise. It can help improve balance and stability, strengthen the abdominals, glutes and lower back muscles, improve muscle strength, endurance and stability in the abdominals and glutes.
2. Benefits of the Side Plank – It Helps Improve Balance and Stability
The Side Plank is a great exercise for improving balance and stability.
The muscles of your core act as the centre of balance and help to support the spine in everyday activities such as walking or climbing stairs.
Additionally, it’s critical in sports like basketball where players need to quickly change directions while dribbling or shooting. Having strong core muscles will also prevent injury during these types of movements because they stabilize your body during quick turns or jumps.
3. Benefits of the Side Plank – Improve Muscle Strength, Endurance and Stability in the Abdominals and Glutes
The side plank has been shown to be very effective at improving the abdominals and glutes.
These two muscle groups are forced to work hard and experience a great deal of time under tension whilst the athlete performs the side plank.
This makes them more stable and helps your ability to activate and control them.
4. Benefits of the Side Plank – It is an Amazing Posture Corrector which helps Improve Forward-tilted Shoulder Posture
The side plank is an excellent posture corrector. It helps to correct forward-tilted shoulder posture, which can be harmful to the back and shoulders.
A side plank also strengthens the obliques and lower back muscles, both of which work together to help prevent degenerative disc disease in the lumbar spine (lower back).
5. Benefits of the Side Plank – It Helps to Create a Strong Midline
The side plank is a great exercise for the abdominal wall. But that’s not all; it also works all of your core muscles, including those in your back and glutes, as well as your neck and shoulders.
This is because the midline (also known as the core) consists of many muscles working together to create structural integrity in the body. These include:
- The rectus abdominis (your six-pack), which runs down the front of your torso from under each arm to just below the navel
- The external obliques (located on either side of the rectus abdominis), which run diagonally across your torso at a 45-degree angle
- The internal obliques (located underneath both sides of your external obliques), which run horizontally at about 90 degrees from both sides with an arrowhead-like shape pointing towards your spine
- The erector spinae group—the lower back muscles—which connect between each vertebrae and provide support for movement
- Your transversus abdominis muscle—often referred to as “TVA”—is located deep within our core around our organs like kidneys or liver. It functions like a girdle that helps stabilize us from side-to-side motion by pulling inwards against our other abdominal wall muscles.
6. Benefits of the Side Plank – It Can Strengthen, Stretch, and Lengthen a Variety of Muscles in the Body
The side plank is an essential part of a good workout routine as it strengthens your core while improving your posture.
When you perform the side plank, you are engaging the muscles that run along your spine, including those that support your back and neck. These muscles are often overlooked when we focus on building bigger biceps or thighs but they play an equally important role in supporting healthy posture and reducing pain associated with poor alignment.
The best way to improve core strength and posture is through regular exercises such as planks which involve all of these important muscle groups. By practicing this exercise regularly, you’ll see improvements in both areas over time!
As you can see, there are many benefits to this exercise.
It is a great way to strengthen and stretch your core, glutes and shoulders. You can also do it anywhere which makes it very convenient for those who want to workout at home or on the go!