The truth behind how to improve your movement, what works and what doesn’t.
In a previous article, we discussed three principles which go a long way to understanding the confusing areas of flexibility, mobility and movement. A quick recap:
- The brain is responsible for muscle ‘tightness’. We should focus on it instead of muscles to address most range of motion issues
- The reason the brain does this is because it doesn’t feel safe or experienced at end range of motion, so it tightens the muscle(s) up to prevent the body from going into a position that it feels might cause injury
- The vast majority of muscle contractions are subconscious and reactive, rather than consciously deliberate. They react to changes in joint angle detected by proprioception (receptors in joints and muscles).
Scale up your training experience - Get BOXROX Pro
- Exclusive premium content
- Ad free browsing
- Members only access
- Enhanced reading experience
- Cancel anytime
Already a member? Click here to sign in
- mobility-in-crossfit: WODSHOTS