The dates for the 2019-2020 Open will begin on Thursday, October 10th when the first workout will be released.
It will take the usual form of 5 workouts spread out over 5 weeks.
You can register on open.crossfit.com.
Source: Photo courtesy of CrossFit Inc
These tips will help you succeed during the workouts
7 Exercises That Have Been Featured EVERY Year in The CrossFit® Open
CrossFit Open Technique Tips: Toes to Bar
CrossFit Open Technique Tips: Chest to Bar Pull Ups
CrossFit Open Technique Tips: Bar Muscle Ups
This five-week, five-workout competition is held in CrossFit affiliates around the world. Workouts are released online each Thursday, and athletes have until the following Monday to submit their scores. Anyone who’s at least 14 years old can sign up and join in the first stage of the CrossFit Games season.
- In 2016, 324,000 athletes participated in the worldwide CrossFit Open—the first stage of competition. From there, 260 athletes—40 men, 40 women and 30 teams of 6—moved on to eight Regional events where the top five in each category would earn an invitation to the Games.
- in 2017 there were more than 380,000 participants in the CrossFit Open.
- In 2018, 429,157 athletes completed at least one workout from the CrossFit Open.
- open: Photo courtesy of CrossFit Inc
- Crossfit-open: Photos courtesy of CrossFit Inc