UPDATE: the CrossFit Altas Games has been postponed.
The Atlas Games will be held in Montreal from March 13 to 15. The winners of the Elite Female, Male and Team divisions will receive an invitation to the 2020 CrossFit Games.
Several Age Groups, including a teens division and four Masters categories, will also take to the competition floor at the Atlas Games, which try to offer a spot in the event to as many athletes as possible.
“Our primary goal was always to set up the most glamorous event in Canada. Not only for the professional athletes but also for their successors and our ‘Masters’,” reads the About page of the Atlas Games.
How to watch the CrossFit Atlas Games
The CrossFit Atlas Games will be livestreamed on the Sanctional’s YouTube page.
The competition kicks off on Friday March 13 at 9am EST, with the Elite finals programmed for Sunday the 15th at 3pm.
Have a look at the full schedule here.
Who to watch out for at the Atlas Games
A total of ten athletes participating in the Elite Individual competition have already secured their spots at the upcoming CrossFit Games. Below, we’ve broken down who to watch out for this weekend.
- Carol-Ann Reason-Thibault, Carolyne Prevost, Emily Rolfe and Kelsey Kiel are all competing this weekend and have already secured their tickets to the 2020 CrossFit Games.
- Amanda Goodman is a three-time individual CrossFit Games athlete and will make her Sanctionals debut this season at the Atlas Games.
- Karine Shrum is on a quest to punch her first ticket to the Games. The Canadian athlete has competed at Regionals five times, twice in a team and three times as an individual.
- Ami Morton is an experienced team athlete, having competed at the 2017 CrossFit Games with Ocean State CrossFit. She’s also a two-time team Regionals athlete.
- Paige Semenza made it to the CrossFit Games for the first time last year after qualifying through the Brazil CrossFit Championship.
- Alexandre Caron, Cedric Lapointe, Jean-Simon Roy-Lemaire, Jeffrey Adler, Peter Shaw and Samuel Cournoyer have all already qualified to the 2020 CrossFit Games either through the Open or previous Sanctionals.
- Dallin Pepper is one of the most successful CrossFit Teens and has now aged up to the Elite division. The American athlete has got three CrossFit Games gold medals under his belt, one in the Boys 14-15 division and two in the 16-17 division.
- Cody Anderson is a three-time individual CrossFit Games athlete with a personal best of 10th place in 2018.
- Jonathan Gibson, Nycolas Joyal, Josh Gervais and Brendan Willis are all multiple-time Regionals athletes and will be looking to punch their first ticket to the CrossFit Games.
You can find a full list of workouts here.
CrossFit Atlas Games Prize Purse
The CrossFit Atlas Games has a prize purse of CA$50,000.
Have a look at the breakdown below:
- Atlas-crossfit-games-watch: Images courtesy of CrossFit Atlas Games