The Madrid CrossFit Championship and the Lowlands Throwdown have both been postponed, the Sanctionals announced yesterday.
The Madrid CrossFit Championship was the next Sanctional set to take place after the postponement of ten other Sanctionals before it.
“In accordance with the exceptional protocol to prevent the spread of COVID-19 activated by the Spanish health authorities, the Community of Madrid and the Madrid City Council, we have decided to postpone the competition,” wrote the Madrid CrossFit Championship organisation team on Instagram.
The Sanctional was scheduled for May 20-24. The Lowlands Throwdown was set to take place the week after.
“Due to the latest measures that have been taken by the Dutch government, we have no other option than to postpone our final event,” announced the Lowlands Throwdown last night.
New dates for both events are still to be confirmed.
Only last week the Rogue Invitational and the Down Under Championship announced they’d move their events to later in the summer.
With this announcement, all Sanctionals have been postponed until the beginning of June. Next up is the CanWest CrossFit Championship, scheduled for June 5-7.
UPDATE (March 25): CanWest CrossFit Championships postponed until further notice.
Updated CrossFit Sanctionals Calendar
- CrossFit Atlas Games (March 13 – 15, 2020) – postponed
- CrossFit West Coast Classic (March 20 – 22, 2020) – postponed
- German Throwdown – (March 28 – 29, 2020) – postponed to July 18-19
- Reykjavik CrossFit Championship (April 3-5, 2020) – postponed to June
- ELFIT CrossFit Championship (April 8 -11, 2020) – postponed to June
- Mid-Atlantic CrossFit Challenge (April 17 – 19, 2020) – postponed to June 26-28
- Italian Showdown (April 24 – 26, 2020) – postponed
- Asia CrossFit Championship (May 8 – 10, 2020) – postponed to July 3-5
- The Rogue Invitational (May 15 – 17, 2020) – postponed to June 13-14
- Down Under CrossFit Championship (May 22 – 24, 2020) – postponed to July 3-5
- Madrid CrossFit Championship (May 22-24, 2020) – postponed
- CrossFit Lowlands Throwdown (May 29 – 31, 2020) – postponed
- CanWest CrossFit Championship (June 5 – 7, 2020) – postponed
Next up: Granite Games, scheduled for June 12-14.
Total of Seven Sanctionals Postponed in Wake of New Coronavirus Restrictions
CrossFit German Throwdown Officially Postponed Due to Coronavirus Regulations
Asia CrossFit Championship Postponed Due to Coronavirus
Rogue Invitational and Down Under Championship Latest Sanctionals to be Postponed