The Wodapalooza CrossFit Fitness Festival is a big highlight in the CrossFit competitive calendar. Offering one of the biggest prize purses outside the CrossFit Games, Wodapalooza is also open to Teens, Masters, Adaptive, scaled and beginner athletes.
The CrossFit Sanctional runs from February 20 to 23 in Miami and brings together thousands of athletes, spectators and fitness fans. With a ticket to the 2020 CrossFit Games up for grabs for the top placed male, female and team on the Elite categories, the competition is bound to be exciting.
TOP ATHLETES TO WATCH AT WODAPALOOZA
Both the female and male fields are stacked with experienced CrossFit Games and Reginals athletes, as well as previous Sanctional winners. We expect the competition to be fierce and we wouldn’t want to bet on the top five spots, as they could belong to any of the outstanding athletes competing.
Who to watch on the elite female field
- Tia-Clair Toomey – the Sanctional’s defending champion and the only woman to ever have won the CrossFit Games three times, Tia returns to the competition floor for Wodapalooza. The Australian athlete has already won a Sanctional this season and looks just as strong going into this weekend.
- Sara Sigmundsdottir – coming off from a dominating performance at the CrossFit Open and two big Sanctional wins at Filthy 150 and Dubai, Sara is sure to enter Wodapalooza on beast mode. She’s also got a podium spot to defend, having finished third last year.
- Kari Pearce – last year’s runner up, Kari is another force to be reckoned with. She has stood on the Wodapalooza podium three times and has finished inside the top-ten at every CrossFit Games since 2016.
- Thuri Helgadottir – returning from a shoulder injury, Thuri will be looking to punch her ticket to the 2020 Games after an impressive top-ten finish last year.
- Brooke Wells – the five-times CrossFit Games athlete and Regionals winner is sure to put on a show at Wodapalooza. Booke finished the CrossFit Open ranked 11th and was 2nd in the US. Wodapalooza will be her first Sanctional this season.
- Amanda Barnhart, Emily Rolfe, Cheryl Nasso, Colleen Fotsch, Dani Speegle, Haley Adams, Meg Reardon and Danielle Brandon are all highly ranked Open athletes with Games experience under their belts.
Who to watch on the elite male field
- Patrick Vellner – the Canadian athlete will return to Wodapalooza to defend his title. After a worldwide Open win and a second place at the Dubai CrossFit Championship, Vellner is a top athlete to watch.
- Noah Ohlsen – the reigning Second Fittest Man on Earth shone last year at the Games, wearing the “leader” jersey over a number of events. Ohlsen finished third at Wodapalooza last year.
- Ben Smith – the record holder for having attended the most consecutive CrossFit Games, Ben is a phenomenal athlete and one to watch out for.
- Alec Smith – better known for his mind blowing gymnastic skills, Alec Smith will take onto the competition floor as an individual at Wodapalooza.
- Adrian Mundwiler – the 2019 Fittest Man in Switzerland and 8th Fittest at the CrossFit Games will be looking for his ticket back to the Games this weekend.
- Saxon Panchik – With a fifth place at Wodapalooza last year and a top-ten finish at the CrossFit Games, Saxon will also try to punch his ticket back to the main testing ground at Wodapalooza.
- Cole Sager – a six-time individual CrossFit Games veteran, Sager comes into the competition with a wealth of experience and is surely one to watch.
Have a look at the full leaderboard here.
HOW TO WATCH WODAPALOOZA FITNESS FESTIVAL
As part of Loud and Live, Wodapalooza will exclusively be livestreamed on FloElite.
All the action will be broadcast live or on-demand here. A monthly subscription is $29.99, and the yearly price is $12.50/month billed annually ($149.99).
Wodapalooza is the first of five Sanctionals managed by Loud and Live. The West Coast CrossFit Classic, the Madrid CrossFit Championship, the Granite Games and the Mayan Classic will also be exclusively broadcast though FloElite’s channels.
You can find the latest schedule, with all workout details, here.
The competition kicks off Thursday February 20 and runs through Sunday February 23.
- watch-wodapalooza-crossfit: Left image courtesy of CrossFit Inc.