The second workout of the Open has been announced and with it comes something incredibly important: the CrossFit Open workout 22.2 movement standards.
Movement standards ensure every athlete around the world adheres to the same requirements, making it easier to compare performances and ensuring no athlete is taking shortcuts.
So, what should you watch out for during 22.2?
CrossFit Open workout 22.2
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 reps for time of:
- Bar-facing burpees
♀ 155 lb
♂ 225 lb
Time cap: 10 minutes
All details on how to scale CrossFit Open workout 22.2.
Missed the live announcement? Watch it here.
CrossFit Open workout 22.2 movement standards
- The barbell starts on the ground. Collars must be placed outside the plates.
- The athlete’s hands must be outside the knees. Sumo deadlifts are not allowed.
- The rep is credited when:
- the athlete’s hips and knees reach full extension, and
- the athlete’s head and shoulders are behind the bar.
- Receiving any assistance with the barbell is not permitted unless safety is an immediate concern.
- Athletes may NOT wear gymnastics grips during this workout.
- Athletes must use a barbell with 18-inch plates.
- The burpees must be performed perpendicular to and facing the barbell.
- Athletes may jump or step back to reach the bottom position.
- The center of the athlete’s chest must be on the line, and the feet and hands must be straddling the line.
- The athlete’s head must stay behind the barbell.
- Hands and feet must remain inside the width of the plates.
- Stepping and/or jumping back to the starting position are both permitted.
- The athlete MUST clearly jump over the barbell.
- Both feet must be off the ground as the athlete passes over the bar.
- Stepping over is NOT permitted.
- The athlete does NOT need to use a two-foot takeoff.
- Scaled divisions may step over the bar.
- Touching the barbell on the jump or step-over is a “no rep.”
- The rep is credited when both feet have touched the ground on the opposite side of the barbell.
- There is no requirement to land with both feet at the same time.
- The athlete must be perpendicular to and facing the barbell before starting the next rep.
- Athletes may not receive assistance moving or resetting their barbell unless safety is an immediate concern.
- If the athlete receives a “no rep” for any reason, the entire rep must be repeated.
See the full scorecard and movement standards here.
The 2022 CrossFit Open
The 2022 CrossFit Open kicked off on February 24 with a triplet of Wall Walks, Dumbbell Snatches and Box Jumps.
Now in its 12th edition, the CrossFit Open is a three-week online fitness competition that unites the worldwide CrossFit community. It marks the start of the 2022 CrossFit Games competitive season and is the first step towards qualifying for the CrossFit Games.
This year’s Open runs from February 24 through to March 14, with workouts released weekly every Thursday. There are a total of 37 divisions (based on age, gender, and ability) and three different tracks to follow: RX, scaled, and foundations.
Find all the information you need about the CrossFit Open on our landing page.
The Open is for everyone, as is our brand-new Photography Competition. Find out more!
Send us your best photos from the Open for a chance to win exciting prizes and guaranteed discounts. Everyone is welcome to take part, regardless of fitness level or photography experience.