These tips to boost testosterone naturally will help men raise their levels of this important hormone.
They have been compiled and researched by Gravity Transformation. Go check out their excellent youtube channel.
Tips to Boost Testosterone Naturally
Learn how to increase your testosterone levels naturally with this science-based video (see below) and walkthrough article.
- Tips to Boost Testosterone Naturally
- What are the Symptoms of Low Testosterone Levels for Men?
- What Can I do About Low Testosterone Levels?
- Tips to Boost Testosterone Naturally
- Tips to Boost Testosterone Naturally – Staying Lean
- Tips to Boost Testosterone Naturally – Adjust Your Posture
- Tips to Boost Testosterone Naturally – Lift Weights
- Tips to Boost Testosterone Naturally – Sleep Properly
- Tips to Boost Testosterone Naturally – Decrease Stress
- Tips to Boost Testosterone Naturally – Have a Healthy Sex Life
- Video – Tips to Boost Testosterone Naturally
- Learn More
What are the Symptoms of Low Testosterone Levels for Men?
Symptoms of low testosterone include low libido, low energy, weak bones, and brain fog.
There are some simple changes you can make immediately to increase testosterone.
What Can I do About Low Testosterone Levels?
Certain foods, alongside the tips in this article, can help improve testosterone levels.
“As a man, the strength of your muscles, your bones, and even your mind are dependent on keeping your testosterone levels elevated over time. And even though testosterone levels naturally decrease with age, there are 17 simple science-based tips that you can start doing today regardless of how old you are to start improving your testosterone levels naturally.”
Tips to Boost Testosterone Naturally
Add these tips into your life.
Tips to Boost Testosterone Naturally – Staying Lean
“Now the very first thing that will make a huge difference is getting and staying lean. Maintaining a lean body fat percentage is beneficial because research shows that the more fat you carry, the lower your testosterone tends to be.”
“This is due to a number of different reasons, including the fact that excess body fat triggers the aromatization process, which converts testosterone into the ‘female hormone’ estrogen.”
“You don’t want to be too lean, like under 8 percent body fat, because that’s also not optimal for your testosterone levels.”
“The ideal range for testosterone optimization seems to be a body fat percentage between 8-12%.”
Tips to Boost Testosterone Naturally – Adjust Your Posture
“Another powerful proven way to boost testosterone that most people don’t know about is simply making a few postural adjustments.”
“In a study from Harvard, researchers looked at the ways that making postural changes impacted the participant’s levels of stress hormones and testosterone. Specifically, they wanted to learn the effects of having the participants do a series of ‘high-power poses.’”
“These included things like standing tall, taking up more space, putting their hands on their hips, and other power poses. They also had them take on ‘low-power poses’. These included postural adjustments like taking up less space and insecure closed-off positions. And the results were pretty amazing. In just two minutes, the power poses increased testosterone levels by 20 percent. Meanwhile, the low-power poses reduced testosterone levels.”
“On top of that, the power poses were reduced cortisol, the stress hormone) by 25% while the low-power poses led to increased cortisol levels.”
Tips to Boost Testosterone Naturally – Lift Weights
“Make sure you’re lifting weights. It’s actually one of the best things you can do for your testosterone levels. For example, researchers recruited male university students that had no previous experience with lifting weights and had them follow a weight training routine three times per week. Thanks to this the students boosted their testosterone levels by 40% in four weeks, and they also lowered their resting cortisol levels by 24%.”
“We have other research that supports this by showing that resistance training up-regulates testosterone receptors. This means your body can use testosterone more effectively when you consistently incorporate resistance training.”
Tips to Boost Testosterone Naturally – Sleep Properly
“Another proven tip is to simply get enough sleep. Sleep has a significant impact on testosterone levels. For example, one study found that after a week of participants sleeping five hours a night instead of eight hours a night their testosterone levels dropped by around 15 percent.”
“Another study that recruited over 500 men also found a link between sleep duration and testosterone. The scientists found that each extra hour of sleep raised testosterone by roughly 15 percent. So, try your best to get enough sleep which for most people is going to be somewhere between seven and nine hours of sleep per day.”
Tips to Boost Testosterone Naturally – Decrease Stress
“You’ll also want to decrease stress as much as possible. Short-term stress like having a deadline or even being excited when trying something new like skiing, for example, that kind of acute stress may actually even be beneficial for your health.”
“However chronic stress like ongoing financial troubles, being trapped in a job you don’t like, or an unhappy marriage can really mess with your testosterone levels. This is because chronically high levels of the ‘stress hormone’ cortisol impair testosterone production inside the body.”
“Besides, cortisol requires pregnenolone for its creation, which is the same building block required for testosterone creation. That’s why cortisol can rob the ‘raw materials’ your body needs to make testosterone. So, try to control your stress levels with some proven techniques like exposing yourself to nature, meditating, and developing a more flexible mindset.”
Tips to Boost Testosterone Naturally – Have a Healthy Sex Life
“Now everyone knows that Increasing testosterone is one of the best things you can do for your sex life. But did you know that it also works the other way around? For example, we have a study that shows that testosterone levels rise on the days that couples have sex and they decline on days that they don’t.”
Find out the rest of the points in the video below.
Video – Tips to Boost Testosterone Naturally
1. Sleeping five instead of eight hours a night for a week lowered testosterone by around 15%. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4445839/
2. Study on 531 Chinese men also found a link between sleep and testosterone. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19684340
4. One study found that testosterone levels rise on days couples have sex and decline on days without it. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/1529008/
5. Another study found that sex increased testosterone by 72% https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10508-010-9711-3?no-access=true
6. A study by Amy Cuddy and her colleagues at Harvard University assessed how making postural changes impacts levels of stress hormones and testosterone. High power poses were able to increase testosterone meanwhile low power poses lowered testosterone https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20855902/
8. This study moved subjects from a diet containing 40% of calories from fat to a diet containing 25% of calories from fat and then back to a 40% fat diet. Results showed that the low fat diet decreased testosterone levels significantly. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6538617
9. Research indicates that while light drinking doesn’t have much (if any_ adverse effect on testosterone, heavy drinking can plummet your levels of the primary male sex hormone https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12711931 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6443186 http://jpet.aspetjournals.org/content/202/3/676
10. For example, one study had 20 male university students with no previous resistance training experience follow a weight lifting plan three times per week. Thanks to this the students boosted their testosterone levels by 40% in four weeks, and they also lowered their resting cortisol levels by 24%. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17051372
11. Resistance training up-regulates testosterone receptors. This means your body can use testosterone more effectively. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11171591
12. Examples of medications that can lower testosterone include statins, beta-blockers, heartburn medicine, antidepressants, and painkillers https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23448151 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/4039555 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/384947 https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/04/120402093750.htm https://www.nhs.uk/news/medication/ibuprofen-linked-testosterone-problems/
13. In a study involving 2,299 men found that those with a sufficient vitamin D level had much higher testosterone than those who were deficient in this vitamin https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20050857/
14. An eight-week study with 46-men with infertility problems found that 675-gram ashwagandha root extract increased serum testosterone levels by 17% compared to a placebo. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3863556/
15. And another study found that five grams of ashwagandha a day for 90 days increased testosterone by 16% to 40% in infertile men and by an average of 15% in fertile ones. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19501822
16. One group of “moderately stressed” participants increased their testosterone by 37% and lowered their cortisol by 16% as a result of consuming 200 mg of a tongkat ali extract for four weeks. https://jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1550-2783-10-28
17. A 12-week, double-blind study involving 30 overweight and obese males found that taking a forskolin extract twice per day raised testosterone by 33.7%. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1038/oby.2005.162/abstract;jsessionid=ACA9D6579BE6093271D030A566E23BA8.f02t04
18. Found that consuming ginger daily for 90 days was able to increase testosterone by over 17 percent in infertile men https://www.iasj.net/iasj/download/7aaaca050441ca8b
19. Varicoceles are the most common cause for male factor subfertility, accounting for up to 40 percent of cases. https://uihc.org/health-topics/varicoceles#:~:text=Varicoceles%20are%20very%20common.,always%20lead%20to%20fertility%20problems.
20. They are found in nearly 15 percent of all men. https://uihc.org/health-topics/varicoceles#:~:text=Varicoceles%20are%20very%20common.,always%20lead%20to%20fertility%20problems.
- Mat Fraser: Courtesy of CrossFit Inc.