This article will highlight for you all the amazing benefits of the plank exercise.
The plank is a great exercise that offers many health benefits. If you’ve never done the plank before, it’s time to give it a try!
Here are eight reasons why this simple move will improve your body and mind.
- 1. Benefits of the Plank – You Can do it Anywhere
- 2. It’s a Move you Can do for the Rest of your Life
- 3. Benefits of the Plank – It Helps Relieve Back Pain
- 4. Benefits of the Plank – It Strengthens the Entire Body
- 5. It Comes in many different Variations, so you can always Change it Up
- 6. Benefits of the Plank – It Improves Balance and Posture
- 7. Benefits of the Plank – It Tones your Core
- 8. You don’t need any Equipment to Perform the Movement
- The Plank will have you Feeling Great and Looking Good in no Time
- Benefits of the Plank – Conclusion
- Learn More
1. Benefits of the Plank – You Can do it Anywhere
The plank is an exercise that can be done anywhere.
This makes it particularly easy to stick to your regular routine and not miss a day of working out. Plus, you don’t need any equipment or special clothing—you just need a little bit of floor space!
If you’re traveling for work or vacation, this is especially convenient because all you really need is some floor space and maybe a wall if you want extra support from the side.
You can even do planks on many types of surfaces like sand or grass if necessary!
2. It’s a Move you Can do for the Rest of your Life
- It’s a move you can do for the rest of your life.
- It helps prevent injury.
- It helps you maintain a healthy weight.
- Improves posture, which is great for chronic back pain sufferers!
- Builds strength in your core, improves balance and coordination as well as helping to increase muscle tone which will allow you to feel more confident about yourself
3. Benefits of the Plank – It Helps Relieve Back Pain
Planks are another great exercise to use if you’re experiencing back pain.
Planks strengthen the muscles in your back, which can help to relieve pain.
- Start small: If you have never done planks before, start out with a small hold and work up from there as it gets easier.
- Hold it for as long as possible: The longer you can hold the plank without dropping into a push-up or moving from side to side (or letting go completely), the better!
4. Benefits of the Plank – It Strengthens the Entire Body
The plank is one of the most effective full body exercises you can do.
It works all of the major muscle groups, including your core and lower back muscles.
The plank also helps you improve posture, balance and stability in your lower body.
5. It Comes in many different Variations, so you can always Change it Up
The plank is a great exercise because it comes in many different variations, so you can always change it up.
You can do the plank on your knees or elbows, with one leg or both legs off the ground, and even do it while holding onto a stability ball.
The benefit of this is that you don’t get bored doing the same thing over and over again!
6. Benefits of the Plank – It Improves Balance and Posture
The plank is a great way to improve your balance and posture.
When you’re in the plank position, your body must work hard to stay stable. This means that all of your core muscles are engaged, including those in the back and abdomen.
As a result, this exercise will help strengthen these muscle groups along with beneficial side effects like improved posture and less back pain.
Additionally, since the plank requires you to keep your body aligned while holding the position for several seconds at a time (a challenge even for seasoned athletes), it gives our bodies an opportunity to practice staying upright—which improves overall alignment throughout each day.
If you tend toward slouching or leaning too far forward when sitting or standing up straight, then the plank can help to counter these bad habits.
7. Benefits of the Plank – It Tones your Core
The plank is a great exercise for strengthening your core.
The core is the centre of your body and includes the muscles that support your spine. It’s important to maintain good posture, as well as improving balance and flexibility in order to avoid injuries such as back pain.
The plank can help you achieve all of these things!
8. You don’t need any Equipment to Perform the Movement
The plank is a great exercise that you can do anywhere, anytime.
It doesn’t require any special equipment or a gym membership.
All you need is your body and the floor beneath it. There’s no need for weights, yoga mats, treadmills or pull-up bars—all you really need is one flat surface such as the floor!
The Plank will have you Feeling Great and Looking Good in no Time
The plank is a great exercise that will have you feeling strong and looking good in no time.
The key to doing the plank properly is to focus on maintaining good form, keeping your body tight and straight throughout the movement. Here’s how:
Get into pushup position with your forearms on the floor, hands directly under shoulders, feet about hip-width apart, toes tucked under for support if needed.
Take a deep breath in through your nose, then exhale as you tighten all of your muscles from head to toe including abs, glutes (butt), quads (front of thighs), hamstrings (back of thighs).
Keep an eye on what’s happening with your hips—they should be in line with your shoulders—not sagging or sticking out too far behind you!
You do not want either one being higher than the other side during any part of this exercise!
This means keeping all four limbs aligned at all times so that they remain symmetrical during each rep.
It can sometimes feel awkward at first but work towards finding symmetry by pressing down firmly into both hands.
Benefits of the Plank – Conclusion
It’s easy to see why so many people love this exercise.
The plank is a simple move that anyone can master and it has tons of benefits for your health and wellbeing.
If you’re looking for a way to get stronger, more toned and improve your posture then give the plank a try today!