The first, and most important step when you want to lose belly fat is nutrition. Without an intelligent and considered nutrition plan you will never reach your goals.
Once you have established that, then its time to workout, and that is where CrossFit fits in so perfectly. Select your next workout from the list below and take the first step on the journey towards a fitter, leaner and strong version of you!
Workouts to Help You Lose Belly Fat
LOSE BELLY FAT – UNDERSTANDING CALORIES
Calorie balance is the ratio between calories taken in and calories expended in any one individual at any given time. It is a good idea to measure this out over the course of a week to cancel out most fluctuations, such as drinking more water.
TIP: When measuring fat loss (or muscle gain) over time, weigh yourself first thing in the morning, before you eat or drink anything. Measure your weight 2-3 times per week and record all results. This will give you a clear and consistent record of your progress.
There are 3 states of calorie balance:
- Negative calorie balance (hypocaloric diet)
- Calorie balance (eucaloric diet)
- Positive Calorie balance (hypercaloric diet)
It is impossible to be in more than one of these states at any one time.
- A negative calorie balance will always result in weight loss. “Even though body water alterations may occasionally mask this loss of tissue, it is always going to occur, with ZERO exceptions so far discovered.”
- A eucalorie balance means that the athlete will not gain or lose weight because they expend as many calories as they consume.
- A positive calorie balance means that the individual is consuming more calories than they are using.
Good luck and check out our nutrition page for more tips on how to improve your diet and health.