What is the number 1 muscle-up tip that nobody talks about? Keep scrolling to find out.
The muscle-up is considered a staple in CrossFit, but you don’t need to be a CrossFitter to try this exercise. It is incredibly challenging if you don’t know the mechanics or how to move properly to get your muscle-up.
The muscle-up is a challenging exercise that combines a pull-up with a dip, requiring significant upper-body strength and coordination. Some of the benefits of performing the muscle-up exercise are:
- Builds upper body strength: The muscle-up targets several muscle groups in the upper body, including the back, chest, shoulders, and arms. By performing this exercise, you can increase your strength in these areas.
- Enhances coordination: The muscle-up requires coordination between the upper body and core, which can improve your overall coordination and body awareness.
- Improves power and explosiveness: The muscle-up is a powerful movement that requires a lot of explosive strength. Regularly performing this exercise can improve your ability to generate power and explosiveness in other exercises and activities.
- Increases muscle definition: Because the muscle-up targets multiple muscle groups in the upper body, it can help you achieve a more defined and toned physique.
- Challenges the body: The muscle-up is a challenging exercise that can push your body to its limits. By regularly incorporating this exercise into your workout routine, you can continue to challenge your body and improve your overall fitness level.
Being a calisthenics movement, or bodyweight exercise, it should be everybody’s goal to be able to perform one or more muscle-ups. But since it is one of the hardest upper body exercises a person can do, many just give up.
But is there something nobody is talking about how to get your first muscle-up? What is the number 1 tip to achieve it? Here is where Derek comes in.
Derek is the face and creator of YouTube channel Simnet Nutrition. It has over 650K subscribers and is usually focused on plant-based nutrition. Derek himself is a certified nutritional practitioner and he likes to help people not only with their diets but also with calisthenics and motivation to become their best version.
He shared a video explaining the number 1 muscle-up tip that nobody talks about. Check it out.
The Number 1 Muscle-Up Tip that Nobody Talks About
So what is the number 1 muscle-up tip that nobody talks about? It is all about the transition between the pull-up and the dip.
You should not that this doesn’t mean your muscle-up will be with perfect technique. Derek says this is just a tip that helped him get his first muscle-up.
When talking about the number 1 muscle-up tip, he uses as an example Kali Muscle, a strong and gigantic bodybuilder who manages to move his body extremely well for the muscle-up despite his bulking physique.
“Basically what he does is instead of doing an explosive pull-up into a muscle-up, he keeps his arms a bit more straight and he focuses on going from an arch back position to a hollow position. He almost keeps his arm straight throughout it,” Adam explains.
When your body is going up and the bar gets closer to your belly, you pull the bar in and push down to extend your arms and lock it out for one rep.
Derek likes to think that the technique he applies is about slamming a car trunk, that you are not pulling the bar to your chest, but using your arch back to help with the movement.
As difficult as it is to explain the number 1 muscle-up tip that nobody talks about, by checking out Derek’s video you might understand better. Simply click on it below.
VIDEO – The Number 1 Muscle-Up Tip that Nobody Talks About
Check out more content from BOXROX that we think you might find useful.
How To Learn To Muscle-Up In Only 2 Weeks
5 Ways to Perfect Your Muscle Up Technique
20 Muscle Ups Workouts for Dedicated CrossFit Athletes (Full Progressions Included)
20 Best Beginner Calisthenics Exercises
5 Steps to Perfect your Muscle Up Skills
3 Strict Muscle-Up Drills You Should Try
11 Spicy Ring Muscle Up Workouts to Improve Your Bodyweight Skills
How to get your First Bar Muscle Up
8 Ring Muscle Up Alternative Exercises for Everyone that can’t Muscle-Up Yet
10 Best Calisthenics Exercises that Build the MOST Muscle
- elizabeth flood Effort and Energy Crossfit Cadre 22.3 2: elizabeth flood | BOXROX Photo Comp 2022
- Bar-muscle-up-workouts: Photo courtesy of CrossFit Inc.
- Muscle-up outside: Ketut Subiyanto on Pexels