If you want to have well-developed pecs and look good with or without a shirt, check out these forgotten upper chest exercises that will up your game.
The chest is one big muscle group, but we people in the fitness industry tend to divide it into three parts: lower, middle, and upper chest. That happens mainly because the muscle fibres are angled differently from lower, mid and upper. To target each part specifically, you should follow the muscle fibres and apply progressive overload.
And that is what these forgotten upper chest exercises shared by Troy Adashun are all about. Adashun is the co-founder of the fitness lifestyle company Alpha Lion and has created a gigantic YouTube following with his gym tips and workouts.
Forgotten Upper Chest Exercises
You won’t be needing a bench for these exercises. “We’re going to help you guys activate that clavicular head, those upper chest muscle fibres because these fibres are extremely tough to develop,” Adashun says.
The exercises are:
- Clavicular Dumbbell Raises – 3 sets of 30 seconds under tension
- Barbell Incline – 3 sets of 6-8 heavy reps
- Dumbbell Incline – 3 sets of 8-10 reps, drop 30% of the weight and another 8-10 reps
- Dumbbell Floor Pullover and Squeeze Press Superset – 3 sets of 8-10 reps
- Standing Squeeze Press or Landmine Press – 3 sets of 30 seconds under tension
- Head Butt Push-Ups – 3 sets of as many reps as possible
You can rest between 45-60 seconds between each set for the exercises mentioned above.
And those are Troy Adashun’s forgotten upper chest exercises that you can do to help develop your pecs and get a better physique.
If you don’t have a clue about how to perform one or more of these movements, click on the video below for a full explanation.
VIDEO – Forgotten Upper Chest Exercises
More content from BOXROX below:
- Best Upper Chest Dumbbell Exercises You Can Do With No Bench: DreamLens Production on Pexels