What happens to your body if you eat no sugar, dairy or gluten for 60 days? That is what Brandon William did to find out for himself.
And Brandon did what most people would think is borderline insane: going 60 days without eating sugar, dairy or gluten. Do you think you could, just like that from one day to the next, not eat any of that for two months straight? What would happen to your body then?
William did this mainly because of his struggle with acne in the past. He did some research and found out there could be a strong link between his nutrition and the acne issues he was having every once in a while.
So he decided to do this 60-day trial without eating sugar, dairy or gluten to see the results and how his body would change. Check it out.
What Happens To Your Body If You Eat No Sugar, Dairy or Gluten For 60 Days?
According to William, the first few days were very tough and he would struggle with the first side effect of this new diet: headaches. He also struggled with drinking only water the entire time, as he enjoys sweet beverages such as sodas or juices.
He also is not an avid cooker, which made his dishes quite blend and not very enjoyable. When he wasn’t eating out, this is more or less what he was having:
- Breakfast – gluten-free bread, avocado and eggs
- Fruit as a snack
- Lunch – Chicken or steak with salad
- Dinner – turkey sandwich with gluten-free bread
After 2 weeks, Brandon began seeing some progress with his acne.
William did a gut test from a pharmaceutical company to see what would change with his body. Out of 100, his gut score was 53 and one of the symptoms was that he probably has high skin inflammation, which is his case.
Through his new diet, Brandon did feel an increase in energy, better sleep, and an increase in self-discipline. However, without having as many carbs in his system, he felt a dip in his workout outcome, and building muscle and putting on weight was difficult.
In the end, Brandon was very happy with how his acne got better after 60 days with no sugar, dairy or gluten. But the goal of the video is not to make people follow this crazy plan, but rather to empower them to keep trying to achieve what goal they might have.
Can A Person Survive Without Eating Sugar, Dairy and Gluten?
Yes, a person can survive without eating sugar, dairy, and gluten, as long as they ensure that they get enough nutrients from other sources.
Sugar, dairy, and gluten are not essential nutrients for human survival. In fact, many people choose to eliminate these foods from their diets for various reasons, including food intolerances, allergies, or personal preferences.
Sugar can be replaced with natural sweeteners such as honey, maple syrup, or stevia, which do not have the same negative health effects as refined sugar. Dairy products can be replaced with plant-based alternatives such as almond milk, soy milk, or coconut milk, which provide similar nutritional benefits. Gluten-containing foods, such as wheat, can be replaced with gluten-free grains such as rice, quinoa, or corn.
It is important to note that if a person eliminates certain foods from their diet, they must ensure that they are still getting all of the essential nutrients they need to maintain good health. A balanced diet that includes a variety of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins, and healthy fats can provide all the necessary nutrients for a healthy lifestyle.
Nutrition plays a critical role in achieving and maintaining fitness. Here are some of the reasons why:
- Fuel for the body: Proper nutrition provides the fuel your body needs to power through workouts and other physical activities.
- Muscle growth and repair: Adequate protein intake is essential for building and repairing muscle tissue. Consuming the right types and amounts of protein can help promote muscle growth and aid in recovery after workouts.
- Energy balance: Maintaining a healthy balance of macronutrients (carbohydrates, protein, and fat) is crucial for maintaining a healthy weight and supporting physical activity.
- Nutrient absorption: Consuming a variety of nutrient-dense foods can help ensure that your body is able to absorb and utilize the vitamins and minerals it needs to function properly.
- Overall health: A well-rounded diet that includes a variety of whole foods can help prevent chronic diseases and support overall health, which is essential for optimal fitness.
In summary, proper nutrition is essential for achieving and maintaining fitness goals, as it provides the fuel, nutrients, and energy needed to support physical activity and overall health.